Jackson Mississippi Slip, Trip & Fall Incident Attorneys
Have you been injured on the property of another? Did you trip on a rug? Slip and fall on water or other substance? You need Jackson Mississippi Slip, Trip & Fall Incident Attorneys.
Slip/trip and fall incidents are also referred to as “premises liability” cases. This simply means that you were injured on the premises of another, and that a 3rd party could be liable for medical bills and other damages. Premises liability cases can be extremely difficult, and should be handled by an attorney with experience litigating cases and taking on big businesses. At ‘Maggio Thompson, LLP, we agree to take on your fight and be your Jackson Mississippi Slip, Trip & Fall Attorney. We will stand up against big business and insurance companies, and will never back down at the sign of adversity and hardship. It is our promise to work tirelessly and efficiently with one goal in mind: MAXIMIZING ANY RECOVERY TO WHICH YOU MAY BE ENTITLED.
If you are injured in a slip/trip and fall, there are three things that you should remember:
1. Always take detailed pictures of the scene;
2. NEVER give a recorded statement;
3. Always write down names and contact information for witnesses.
While these are often critical and important issues to remember, you should also save footwear and clothing that you were wearing at the time of the fall. You should document each and every detail that you can remember, and seek representation immediately.
In short, property owners and businesses have a duty to maintain safe property for customers, pedestrians, and other visitors and effectively warn them of possible dangers. If a property or business owner is told of a potential hazard such as a loose handrail, a hole in the pavement, or standing water, a leaking display case, a roof leak, or other potential danger, then they are responsible for fixing the problem before someone gets hurt. As with most legal claims, negligence must be proven for a successful recovery to be obtained. This can often require expert testimony, which can often times require a strategic plan.
Examples of property owner negligence include:
- Spills that cause slip-and-fall accidents in stores;
- Steps that are uneven or missing handrails;
- Inadequate lighting;
- Misplaced items in traffic areas;
- Cracks or holes in sidewalks;
- Failure to provide handicapped access;
- Leaking display shelves in grocery stores; and
- Inadequate security.
At ‘Maggio Thompson, LLP, our attorneys will work to prove 3 critical issues:
1. That the condition on the premises was dangerous;
2. That the owner of the property either new, or should have known, of the dangerous condition; and
3. That the property owner failed to remedy and/or warn you of the dangerous condition.
Property owners often make quick cleanups or repairs following accidents. For this reason, it is important to contact a lawyer as soon as possible.
Contact Mississippi Premises Liability Lawyers at ‘Maggio Thompson, LLP by dialing the 3s: 601-300-3333.
Your case. Our Commitment.