Mesothelioma Lawyers in Jackson, MS
Millions Recovered for Clients in Need
Have you or a loved one been diagnosed with mesothelioma? More than 3,000 cases of mesothelioma are diagnosed every year in the United States. Though some tumors develop on their own in individuals, mesothelioma has been known to be caused by inhaled asbestos fibers. Our mesothelioma lawyers in Jackson, Mississippi have years of experience handling personal injury lawsuits and can seek the compensation you and your family deserve for the pain and suffering you’ve had to go through. ‘Maggio | Thompson, LLP can be trusted to trace your asbestos exposure and fight on your behalf so you get the true justice you deserve.
Learn more about our experience with personal injury and class lawsuits today by contacting us online, or give us a call at (601) 265-6869. Your first consultation is free.
What is Mesothelioma?
Mesothelioma is a rare, malignant tumor that is connected to asbestos fibers. Once inhaled, the asbestos can cause mesothelioma to form in the lining of your heart, abdomen, or lungs over time. Though mesothelioma can be treated with surgery, radiation, and chemotherapy, the life expectancy of most patients is 12 months after diagnosis. A biopsy is needed to confirm a diagnosis.
Those who are most at risk of developing mesothelioma include workers who handled asbestos for a long period of time, or people who were exposed to large amounts of asbestos in their homes or workplaces.
Types of mesothelioma include:
- Pericardial mesothelioma: Forms on the tissue around the heart
- Peritoneal mesothelioma: Forms on the lining surrounding the abdomen
- Pleural mesothelioma: Forms on the tissue covering the lungs and accounts for 75 percent of all cases
- Testicular mesothelioma: Develops on the testes lining
What’s difficult about mesothelioma is that it can take anywhere from 10 to 70 years after exposure to develop, which is why you need a professional lawyer who understands how to trace your asbestos exposure and locate the entity responsible. It can be challenging to file a lawsuit without having the evidence to establish liability.
Symptoms of Mesothelioma
Mesothelioma develops over time after a person inhales or even swallows asbestos fibers, which are airborne and microscopic. Over time, the fibers will become lodged in the lining of your lungs or heart, damaging your cells and causing inflammation. Then, tumors will form and lead to mesothelioma.
Seeking medical treatment as early as possible is essential. Some common symptoms of mesothelioma include:
- Chest pain
- Dry cough
- Shortness of breath
- Muscle weakness
What Does Compensation Cover?
Mesothelioma is a serious type of cancer that requires extensive medical treatment. If you or your family has been affected, you’re likely facing a mountain of debt in bills and other expenses. Filing a lawsuit is your best chance of recovering this compensation.
Our lawyers have recovered millions in the following damages:
- Medical bills: Your bills can quickly add up because of the cancer treatments you’ll need to combat your mesothelioma. Expenses can include chemotherapy, surgery, radiation therapy, clinical trials, medication, hospital bills, and more.
- Lost wages or income: Falling ill will put you out of work, causing you to lose the income you and your family need. The compensation we win in a lawsuit can cover these lost wages and more.
- Pain and suffering: Mesothelioma severely diminishes your quality of life, and the life expectancy for most patients is 12 months after diagnosis. In addition to your economic damages, you can also be compensated for the pain and trauma you’ve had to undergo.
Our team understands how financially burdensome this time may be, which is why we offer free consultations—it costs you nothing to meet with our lawyers to determine if you have the legal grounds to file a claim. We’re known for our successful results and our passion for making our clients’ voices heard. Call us today to learn about the millions we’ve recovered for victims.
Can’t make it to our office? We can come to you. Schedule your free consultation with our Jackson mesothelioma lawyers today at (601) 265-6869.
Defective Product $8,800,000
Mass Tort Settlement $8,700,000
Personal Injury Settlement $5,900,000
18-Wheeler Settlement $2,100,000
Slip and Fall Settlement $1,000,000
Auto Settlement $1,000,000
Commercial MVA 625,000
Wrongful Death Auto Settlement $500,000
Car Wreck $437,500
Burn Injury $425,000