Gulfport Bad Faith Insurance Attorneys
Teach Insurance Companies to Act Right
When an insurance company intentionally mishandles an insurance claim, it is known as bad faith insurance. Dishonest insurers will find ways to subtly engage in bad faith insurance tactics that are easy to miss, so you might not even know that your claim has been disrespected. If you suspect that something is wrong, though, like it is taking way too long to get a response, then it could help to talk with an attorney.
At 'MAGGIO LAW in Gulfport, we offer comprehensive legal services for people who need help dealing with stubborn insurance companies. Our bad faith insurance lawyers can easily recognize the tricks used by insurers and challenge them. If your case is successful, then you could be awarded the insurance coverage or benefits you first sought, as well as additional compensation to penalize the insurer.
Bad faith insurance claims we handle usually involve:
- Auto accident insurance
- Homeowners’ insurance
- Health insurance
- Business insurance
Have you encountered trouble with any of these types of insurance or one not listed? Call us at (601) 265-6869 right now! We want to hear from you.
Forms of Bad Faith Insurance Tactics
There is a difference between bad customer service and bad faith insurance. One of them is frustrating, and the other is unlawful and punishable with a lawsuit. But how can you know the difference and if your situation calls for a bad faith insurance claim? That’s easy – leave it up to our Gulfport bad faith insurance attorneys to decide using our extensive legal and practice experience.
A few common forms of bad faith insurance tactics are:
- Wrongful denial: Insurance companies have valid reasons to use when denying a claim, and invalid reasons. When an invalid reason is used – or no reason is given at all – it is one of the most common forms of bad faith insurance.
- Unreasonable delays: Managing an insurance claim can take some time, but the insurer should try to avoid any delays if possible. Intentionally delaying a claim is a favorite bad faith tactic of insurance companies that want to frustrate the claimant to the point that they give up.
- Refusal to communicate: Are you having no luck at all getting the insurer to answer your calls or emails? If they won’t talk with you at all, then you might be able to sue them.
- Undervalued damages: To save money, some insurers will intentionally undervalue the damages in a claim and offer a lowballed lump-sum settlement amount that doesn’t cover everything.
- Mid-term policy changes: Once you buy a policy and sign it, physically or digitally, it cannot be changed until the policy is up for renewal. An insurer who changes a policy mid-term has committed bad faith and should be penalized.
- Harassment: As shocking as it might seem, some bad faith insurers rely on harassment, intimidation, and outright threats to try to deter people from filing claims. This is clearly illegal.
Pull Together & Take Action Today
If you’re feeling out of luck and energy after an insurance company gave you the runaround, please know that our Gulfport bad faith insurance attorneys are here to help you rally and file a claim. There could be significant financial compensation owed to you by the bad faith insurer, but they won’t hand it over unless a claim or lawsuit makes them.
Why give them another quiet day when you could start demanding what you are owed now? Call (601) 265-6869 right now and tell our team how we can help!