Gulfport Medical Malpractice Attorneys
Fighting the Legal Fights Our Clients Can’t
Taking on a hospital, medical practitioner, and/or an insurance company in the middle of a medical malpractice claim is difficult, to say the least. Most people who have been hurt due to a medical provider’s neglect simply do not have the time, resources, and energy needed to make such a claim and see it to fruition. If you’re feeling overwhelmed after suffering a medical injury that should have been avoidable, then don’t lose hope. ‘Maggio | Thompson, LLP is here to help.
We have a team of Gulfport medical malpractice attorneys who know the ins and outs of difficult cases filed against powerful oppositions, like those on the other side of medical malpractice cases. Securing as much compensation for you as possible is our goal. Leading clients to a brighter tomorrow is our passion.
We can help file a medical malpractice claim against:
If you were hurt by a medical professional or a medical group, then we know how to bring a lawsuit against them and any insurance companies that might represent them. Let us use all of our experiences and insight to your advantage.
For more information, call (601) 265-6869 or contact us online.
Four Elements of Medical Malpractice
Medical malpractice occurs when:
- A medical professional owes a duty of care to a patient.
- The medical professional does something to breach that duty.
- The breach causes the patient to be injured or suffer a worsened injury.
- The injury resulted in damages.
The breach of duty must have also been something that another reasonable medical provider would have not done in the same situation. This specificity makes it more difficult to file a medical malpractice claim because a medical mistake or an unexpected outcome does not always constitute malpractice if another medical professional could have reasonably done the same thing.
Forms of Medical Malpractice
Medical malpractice can take many forms, such as:
- Surgical errors
- Anesthesia errors
- Medication errors
- Incorrect amputations
- Emergency room mistakes
- Dental errors
Important Considerations for Medical Malpractice Claims
In legal circles, medical malpractice claims are often considered among the most difficult case types to win. Laws tend to favor defendants, and a high evidential bar needs to be upheld to secure compensation if the case goes to court. For these reasons and more, it is important to be fully prepared for anything that can complicate your case.
Three important considerations for medical malpractice claims and lawsuits are:
- Expert testimony: A court might not hear a medical malpractice claim if the plaintiff does not have any expert testimony to back their claims. Our attorneys can network with medical experts to validate your experiences and injuries.
- Informed consent: If you provided informed consent to your doctor to perform or order a procedure, then it could be more difficult to sue them if something goes wrong. On the other hand, when there is no informed consent, a medical malpractice claim could be stronger.
- Statute of limitations: Mississippi has a two-year statute of limitations on medical malpractice claims, which usually begins on the date your new or worsened injury was diagnosed. It could also begin on the date of the medical mistake, though.
- Non-economic damage caps: For medical malpractice lawsuits in Mississippi, a court will limit non-economic damages related to pain and suffering to just $500,000, which might be much less than what a jury first decided was fair.
We Take Every Client’s Case to Heart
Your injury case is personal to you, so it is personal to us, too. Our Gulfport medical malpractice attorneys are here to guide you through your case and act on your behalf whenever you’d like. We aren’t satisfied with your case’s outcome until you are.
Dial (601) 265-6869 and get a FREE consultationwith our firm.
Personal Injury Settlement $5,900,000
18-Wheeler Settlement $2,100,000
Slip and Fall Settlement $1,000,000
Auto Settlement $1,000,000
Wrongful Death Auto Settlement $500,000
Car Wreck $437,500
Burn Injury $425,000
Settlement in Transport Van Injury 410,000
Dog Bite Settlement $400,000
Workers' Compensation Settlement $365,000