Gulfport Truck Accident Lawyers
Big Rig Accidents & Big, Big Settlements
Trucking companies hate losing truck accident claims, which is why they are always worried when they see that ‘MAGGIO LAW is representing a new claimant. Our Gulfport truck accident attorneys know what to do to confidently go head-to-head with trucking companies and the insurance corporations that often insure them.
We are ready to fight because our clients need us to be. Trucking accidents often result in catastrophic injuries and fatalities, so big settlements or verdicts need to follow.
Dial (228) 364-1399 to speak with our attorneys about your truck accident case.
Seeking Compensation for Truck Accident Injuries
Being involved in a truck accident can result in severe injuries, medical expenses, and emotional trauma. At ‘MAGGIO LAW, our truck accident lawyers in Gulfport, MS are dedicated to helping victims seek the compensation they deserve. Whether you have suffered from whiplash, spinal cord injuries, or traumatic brain injuries, we are here to fight for your rights and hold the responsible parties accountable.
Our legal team can assist you in pursuing compensation for:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Pain and suffering
- Property damage
- Long-term care and rehabilitation
Don't let the financial burden of a truck accident weigh you down. Contact ‘MAGGIO LAW today for a free consultation to discuss your case and explore your legal options.
Three Common Causes of Truck Accidents
The mistake the truck driver made to cause your truck accident is important. We will want to prove that it happened because of their negligence to establish liability. In Mississippi, the greater the other party is liable for your damages, the more money you can demand in compensation.
Three things truck drivers often do that cause or contribute to crashes are:
- Drive while tired: Truck drivers can be scheduled to stay behind the wheel for 11 hours in a 14-hour shift as part of a 70-hour workweek. As you can imagine, exhaustion can set in several hours into a shift, creating a terribly dangerous situation. Many safety groups recognize that fatigued driving can cause similar reaction time, attention, and steering issues as intoxicated driving.
- Speed: Rather than being paid by the hour, truck drivers are most often paid by the mile driven. To increase their paycheck while decreasing the length of their shifts, some truck drivers are tempted to break the posted speed limit and speed. Heavy vehicles take much longer to come to a complete stop than lighter vehicles, so speeding in a tractor-trailer is even more dangerous than it might initially seem.
- Overload the trailer: Incorrectly loaded trailers are big problems that hide in plain sight because other drivers can’t see what is happening inside a closed trailer. When a truck takes a tight turn, brakes suddenly, or drives on a banked turn, a top-heavy trailer can tip over and crush cars in adjacent lanes. Even a strong wind can hit the side of a trailer like a sail and push it over if it is top-heavy.
Severe Injuries Caused by Truck Accidents
The weight and size of a commercial truck are two factors that make trucking accidents incredibly dangerous and highly likely to cause catastrophic injuries. A smaller vehicle can do little to protect its occupants when hit by a much larger and much heavier big rig.
Truck accident victims might suffer the following life-changing injuries:
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Spinal cord damage
- Multiple broken bones
- Permanent disfigurements
As your chosen Gulfport truck accident attorneys, we will be dedicated to securing as much compensation as possible for you, which requires us to fully understand and acknowledge the extent of your injuries.
We often like to work closely with medical professionals to get a clearer picture as to what to expect from a client’s injuries. For example, if your back injury will likely prevent you from conducting any sort of manual labor for the rest of your life, then we want to hear about it from a medical expert who can back that claim up with medical records and testimonies.
Only when we have a stronger sense of your injuries and their consequences can we file the strongest possible claim in pursuit of maximized compensation.
Why You Need a Truck Accident Lawyer
Truck accidents can result in serious injuries and complex legal issues. It's important to have an experienced truck accident attorney on your side to navigate through the legal process and ensure you receive the compensation you deserve.
At ‘MAGGIO LAW, our team of dedicated attorneys specializes in handling truck accident cases and can provide the expertise and support you need during this challenging time.
Here are a few reasons why you need a truck accident lawyer:
- Understanding of trucking regulations and laws
- Negotiation with insurance companies and trucking companies
- Investigation and gathering of evidence
- Representation in court, if necessary
- Maximizing your compensation for medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering
Don't navigate the aftermath of a truck accident alone. Contact ‘MAGGIO LAW today to schedule a consultation with our truck wreck attorneys in Gulfport, MS.
We Handle Truck Accident Cases Day & Night
There is no bad time to reach out to ‘MAGGIO LAW and speak with our Gulfport truck accident lawyers about what happened. We work diligently to build our clients’ claims to their fullest potential. Unless we secure every single penny possible in your name, we won’t be satisfied!