Meridian Truck Accident Attorneys
Seek Damages for Bills, Lost Wages, Pain & More
A truck accident that leaves you devastated in more ways than one is a truck accident that should be answered with a powerful personal injury claim. Constructing a claim that is capable of standing up to the scrutiny of a defending insurance company is no easy feat, though, if you try to manage it alone. Team up with ‘Maggio | Thompson, LLP and our Meridian truck accident lawyers to get your case moving in the right direction.
A few things that make our law firm stand out from others:
- Long history of successful case results
- Plenty of happy client reviews
- Clients work directly with attorneys, not paralegals
- Initial consultations are always free
Get more information about your legal options by dialing (601) 265-6869.
How to Determine Liability in a Truck Accident
After a car accident, you can usually point at the other driver and confidently say that they caused the crash and your consequent injuries. In a truck accident, though, the situation is a bit different. Liability is often not placed solely on the truck driver, but on multiple parties who have done something wrong that led up to the crash.
Parties that can be liable in a truck accident claim are:
- Truck driver: The truck driver is usually liable for a crash to a measurable extent because they were the ones steering the commercial vehicle. A leading type of truck driver negligence is fatigue, which causes them to drive while exhausted after long shifts.
- Employer or contractor: The company that hires or contracts a truck driver can also be partially liable for a truck accident if it is found that they have inefficient hiring or scheduling practices. For example, if the trucking company hired a truck driver without a commercial license, then the company could be blamed for professional negligence.
- Load crew: After arriving at a retail store or warehouse, trucks are usually loaded by employees who do not work for the trucking company. Instead, staff members from that store or warehouse load products, inventory, freight, etc. Misloading a truck can cause a dangerous accident later, putting liability on that third party load crew.
- Mechanics: Companies that work on commercial trucks to keep all of the parts well-maintained can be indirectly affiliated with the trucking company, hired only through a side contract. If a mechanic’s mistake causes a truck accident, then that mechanic or their own employer could be liable.
Acting Quickly to Preserve Evidence
You should call our Meridian truck accident lawyers at (601) 265-6869 the same day as your truck accident. We want to move quickly to preserve evidence of liability by notifying all potentially liable parties to not tamper with any evidence. Otherwise, crucial evidence like a truck driver’s service records could be “lost” by the trucking company. Although tampering with evidence in this way is unlawful and seemingly unthinkable, it does happen more often than you might expect.
Contact Our Law Firm – We Can Help!
‘Maggio | Thompson, LLP in Meridian is always standing by to help locals who have been seriously injured in truck accidents. We take genuine pride in making the lives of our friends and neighbors easier by providing outstanding legal services that prioritize each client’s best interests and wellbeing. You are never seen as a case number or a paycheck when you are working with our firm. After your first consultation with our team, we are confident that you will see that you are truly valued here and that we will do all we can to make your truck accident case comfortable for you.
Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us. Call (601) 265-6869 whenever you can.