Jackson Birth Injury Attorneys
Fighting for a Better Future for Your Child
When a doctor, nurse, or other healthcare professional involved in the care of a pregnant mother or the delivery of a child fail to provide proper care, this can have serious consequences. It can turn what should have been a joyous occasion into a traumatic experience for baby and mother alike.
If your son or daughter suffered a preventable birth injury as the result of misconduct on the part of any medical professional or facility involved in pregnancy, labor, or delivery, you may have grounds for a lawsuit. This would provide the opportunity to pursue financial compensation for your child’s care, now and into the future.
This can include:
- Past, present, and future medical expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of future earnings
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Punitive damages in certain situations
Types of Birth Injuries
Negligence in the delivery room can cause various injuries, including:
- Brachial plexus injuries
- Erb's Palsy
- Brain damage
- C-Section Error
- Caput succedaneum
- Cerebral palsy
- Forceps injuries
- Shoulder dystocia
Medical malpractice cases are typically very complex, often requiring multiple experts. You need attorneys who are capable and who have the resources available to fight these insurance companies and medical providers. If you hire us as your Jackson birth injury attorneys, you will get dedicated, experienced professionals who are willing to fight for you. Let us be your voice. We have one goal: making you whole by maximizing any settlement to which you are rightfully entitled.
Types of Negligence Before, During, or After Delivery
The following are examples of negligence/wrongdoing by obstetricians and nurses, which may lead to birth injuries:
- Failure to perform/recommend a C-section in a high-risk delivery
- Delays in performing a C-section
- Mistakes or errors during or after a C-section
- Improper use of forceps or vacuum extractor in an instrument-assisted delivery
- Negligently failing to control excessive maternal blood loss post-delivery
- Negligently failing to monitor the baby’s oxygen intake pre-and-post-delivery
- Negligent genetic testing before the child was conceived
- Negligent failure to detect mental or physical impairments in the early stages of pregnancy
- Failure to diagnose/treat preeclampsia, eclampsia, or maternal diabetes
- Failure to diagnose/treat severe jaundice, leading to kernicterus
Contact Our Jackson, MS Office Today
At ‘MAGGIO LAW, we understand that being a victim of medical malpractice can be a traumatic and frightening event. You or your child may be suddenly injured. You can’t work, pay your bills, or get the medical attention and advice that you so desperately need.
Regarding attorneys’ fees, you owe us nothing unless we recover for you. We take on all expenses and take the fight to the insurance company for you. To learn more, please call (601) 265-6869 today!