Product Liability Lawyers in Jackson, MS
Has a Defective Product Caused You Harm? Call Today!
When we buy a product, take medication, or have a medical device implanted in our body, we have a right to expect that the product will be reasonably safe. Unfortunately, thousands of people can lose their lives or suffer serious injuries when a large company puts profits ahead of safety. When this happens, a proven team of attorneys can fight to expose wrongdoing and help injured consumers recover fair compensation for the losses or injuries they have experienced.
If you or a family member has been injured by a dangerous product, our Jackson product liability attorneys at ‘Maggio | Thompson, LLP are standing by to help. If we take on your case, our dedicated staff will work closely with you to pursue the full financial compensation you deserve for medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, property damage, and other losses.
To learn more, call (601) 265-6869. We offer a free initial consultation to answer your questions.
What Should I Do If I’m Injured by a Defective Product?
If you have been injured as the result of taking a prescribed drug, or after being injured by a defective product, be sure to:
- Seek medical attention: Before doing anything else, make sure that you get checked out by your doctor. Tell him/her precisely what occurred.
- Keep the drugs/device: If you still have your prescription and/or the defective drugs or device, be sure to take pictures of everything, and keep them in a safe place where they can’t harm others.
- Contact an attorney: We need to begin the investigation process immediately to better prepare a strong case on your behalf.
Protecting Injured Consumers in Mississippi
Companies that manufacture, distribute, and sell products can be held responsible if those products injure the people who use them due to a defect in design, a manufacturing defect, or a failure to provide adequate warnings. This area of law is known as product liability.
Examples of dangerous or defective products include:
- Knee or hip replacements that fail prematurely
- Transvaginal mesh
- Prescription drugs such as Actos, Byetta, Actonel, Boniva, Reclast, Accutane, Reglan, Yaz or Yasmin, Vioxx, Meridia, and Crestor
- Defective auto components such as seat belts, brakes, tires, airbags, or locks
- Defective children’s products such as playground equipment, toys, and cribs
- Contaminated food
- Dangerous household appliances
- Faulty power tools, safety equipment, or machinery
Talk to Our Jackson, MS Product Liability Lawyers
Your interests in a product liability case are best served by a team with the resources and experience to go up against a large manufacturer and their insurance provider. At ‘Maggio | Thompson, LLP, we have the tools necessary to protect your interests inside or outside the courtroom and have the drive to take your case as far as it needs to go to recover the best possible settlement or award. Our attorneys are ready to show the negligent manufacturers that your case is our commitment.
Defective Product $8,800,000
Mass Tort Settlement $8,700,000
Personal Injury Settlement $5,900,000
18-Wheeler Settlement $2,100,000
Slip and Fall Settlement $1,000,000
Auto Settlement $1,000,000
Commercial MVA 625,000
Wrongful Death Auto Settlement $500,000
Car Wreck $437,500
Burn Injury $425,000