Jackson Pedestrian Accident Lawyers
Helping Injured Pedestrians Recover Fair Compensation
At ‘Maggio | Thompson, LLP, you will find our Jackson pedestrian accident attorneys are devoted to accident victims and their families. We exclusively represent plaintiffs (the injured and their representatives) in personal injury and wrongful death claims and have a distinguished reputation for being aggressive, tireless advocates for our clients.
Pedestrian accident victims should be entitled to complete compensation for all expenses, losses, and injuries they have experienced, now and into the future. We’re passionate about maximizing our clients’ recoveries because we know it makes all the difference in their ability to rebuild and move on.
We fight for such damages as:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Loss of income
- Loss of earning potential
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Emotional distress
- Loss of parental or spousal financial support
- Loss of consortium
- Property damage
- Incidental expenses
If you’re ready to seek justice, call (601) 265-6869. We represent injured pedestrians in the Jackson area and across Mississippi. We’re prepared to see how we can help you.
Types of Pedestrian Accidents
In traffic accidents involving pedestrians, the injuries inflicted are typically severe and one-sided. The recovery of complete compensation will be essential, so a victim can get the care he or she needs.
Our Jackson, MS pedestrian accident lawyers handle cases involving:
- Crosswalk accidents and injuries
- Runners or joggers struck by vehicles
- Parking lot accidents and injuries
- Pedestrians struck while exiting a bus, train, or trolley
- Distracted and drunk drivers
- Failures to yield the right-of-way
It cannot be disputed that a person on foot has no protection against the speed and power of a car, truck, or bus. If you’re struck in such a way, it’s likely that you’ll hit a bumper, windshield, hood, or another hard surface. This can be devastating, leaving you with significant head injuries, life-long brain damage, and spinal cord injuries. Broken bones are another common injury, which typically indicates that a pedestrian will be in for a long recovery. Crashes that cause head injuries also may leave victims with deep cuts and abrasions that pose a risk of disfigurement and scarring.
Causes of Pedestrian Accidents in Jackson, MS
Motorists have a duty to obey traffic laws and exercise reasonable care when behind the wheel, especially in regards to pedestrians who are less visible. When drivers ignore signs, traffic signals, or other laws, tragic pedestrian accidents can occur.
Some of the many causes of pedestrian accidents include:
- Distracted driving: Drivers who talk or text on their cell phones, eat, drink, or engage in any other type of distracting activity that diverts their attention away from the roadway put pedestrians at risk for devastating injuries. Even if a pedestrian has the right of way, a driver who does not have their full attention on the roadway poses a considerable danger.
- Speeding: Speeding is not only illegal, but it can also be considered a form of reckless driving. Pedestrians who are hit by speeding vehicles have a greater risk of suffering life-threatening injuries or be killed due to the force of impact.
- Driving while intoxicated: Whenever a driver is intoxicated from alcohol or drugs, their reaction times, reasoning, and motor skills are impaired. This can cause drivers to easily miss pedestrians, especially at night or in poor weather conditions.
- Failing to stop or yield: Drivers who ignore stop signs, red lights, or fail to yield to pedestrians commonly cause devastating collisions.
- Weather conditions: Drivers have a duty to exercise extra care and drive at safe speeds during periods of poor weather, including rain, snow, ice,and fog. When drivers drive too fast for weather conditions, they may be unable to stop or slow in time to avoid hitting a pedestrian.
- Left-hand turns: Even when using crosswalks, pedestrians risk being hit by vehicles turning left when the driver's attention is on the intersection instead of the legally-crossing pedestrian.
Advocating for Injured Pedestrians in Mississippi
The pedestrian accident attorneys at ‘Maggio | Thompson, LLP advocate for our clients’ full financial recovery through detailed, meticulous preparation for trial. If you or a loved one has been injured in an automobile, truck, or bus accident, please contact our firm to discuss your case.
Personal Injury Settlement $5,900,000
18-Wheeler Settlement $2,100,000
Slip and Fall Settlement $1,000,000
Auto Settlement $1,000,000
Wrongful Death Auto Settlement $500,000
Verdict Against The Police Department $121,000
Verdict In Pawnshop Case $77,000
Slip & Fall Settlement $37,000
Slip and fall settlement where the plaintiff had $1,500 in medical costs related to the accident
$215,000 settlement after the previous lawyer recommended settlement for $10,000
Award from Judge $85,000