Truck Accident Attorneys in Jackson
We Help Victims of Semi-Truck Crashes across Mississippi
When a semi-truck is involved in a serious accident with another vehicle, the insurance company covering the trucking company is often at the scene within hours. They have one goal: minimize their exposure. If you or someone you know was injured in a Mississippi trucking accident, you need someone protecting your interests.
At ‘Maggio | Thompson, LLP, our Jackson truck accident attorneys and dedicated staff work closely with our clients to pursue the full compensation they deserve, for the payment of medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, property damage, and other losses. We offer a free initial consultation to explain your rights and answer your questions.
Why Do Truck Accidents Happen?
When you choose ‘Maggio | Thompson, LLP, we will work tirelessly to find out why your truck accident happened and which driver, company, or other party is responsible. This opens the door to the recovery of financial compensation, which is typically paid by the at-fault party’s insurance provider.
In our experience, trucking accidents may be caused by:
- Distracted driving
- Improper merging
- Texting while driving
- Following too closely
- Improper lane changes
- Drug and/or alcohol use
- Fatigued/overworked truck drivers
- Overloaded or improperly loaded trucks
- Defective or poorly maintained truck parts
- Speeding or driving too fast for current conditions
Who Can I Sue? Who Is Responsible?
There are several parties that could be responsible for your trucking accident. Identifying these can benefit you by maximizing available assets and insurance proceeds. Our Jackson truck accident lawyers will work diligently to determine who should be held accountable based on the cause of the collision, vehicle ownership, whether the driver was an employee or contractor, and other factors.
One or more of the following parties may be liable for a trucking accident:
- The trucking company: UPS, FEDEX, Waste Management, or any commercial business
- The owner of the freight being towed and/or hauled
- The owner of the trailer, which is often different from the cab of the semi
- The truck driver
- The loading/shipping company
As a result, truck accidents may involve multiple insurance carriers and complex ownership schemes. To ensure that you receive the compensation you deserve, you should hire an attorney who is experienced in handling truck accident cases. At ‘Maggio | Thompson, LLP, you will get just that. You will get dedicated, personalized service tailored to your case.
What to Expect When You Choose ‘Maggio | Thompson
- We assume all the risk. There are never any attorneys’ fees unless we recover for you.
- We know insurance law and are familiar with insurance practices. Insurance companies will do anything they can to minimize their exposure, even delay your claim or offer an unfairly low settlement. We have the experience and resources to maximize your recovery.
- Speak directly to an attorney. You will not speak to an assistant or paralegal; you will have upfront access to your attorney. That is our promise to you.
Should you need help, or just need to talk to a lawyer, please call (601) 265-6869.
Personal Injury Settlement $5,900,000
18-Wheeler Settlement $2,100,000
Auto Settlement $1,000,000
Slip and Fall Settlement $1,000,000
Wrongful Death Auto Settlement $500,000
$215,000 settlement after the previous lawyer recommended settlement for $10,000
Slip & Fall Settlement $37,000
Slip and fall settlement where the plaintiff had $1,500 in medical costs related to the accident
Award from Judge $85,000
Award from Judge $120,000
Dog Bite Settlement $400,000