CPAP & Sleep Apnea Machine Lawyers in Jackson, MS
Millions Recovered for Mississippi Clients & More
If you or someone your care about has developed severe side effects or cancer after using a Philips CPAP machine or ventilator to regulate your breathing, you may be eligible to take part in a lawsuit. This year, the medical equipment company Philips has recalled breathing devices and ventilators because of a potentially harmful foam part.
‘Maggio | Thompson, LLP is passionate about protecting the rights of consumers and patients throughout Mississippi. Having investigated countless other product claims like hernia mesh and talcum powder, our CPAP and sleep apnea machine lawyers in Jackson can be trusted to hold negligent companies responsible for their wrongdoing.
Learn more about our experience with personal injury and class lawsuits today by contacting us online or by phone at (601) 265-6869. We offer free consultations.
About Philips Medical Equipment
Philips is a Dutch medical equipment company that produces Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP) machines and ventilators to regulate and support breathing. The company is one of the largest makers of sleep apnea machines and ventilators. Millions of people worldwide rely on Philips CPAP machines to manage their sleep apnea, a medical condition that involves breathing interruptions.
Some complications associated with sleep apnea include:
- Loud snoring
- High blood pressure or heart problems
- Complications with surgery and medications
Philips uses foam to reduce the sound their machines make, but research has found that the foam can degrade over time and emit particles that irritate airways and are blown directly into a patient’s lungs. These gases may also be toxic and carry cancer risks. According to recent reports, the company’s recall will target between 3 and 4 million devices. 80% of the affected devices are CPAP machines and the other 20% are ventilators used as life-sustaining devices by doctors and patients.
Common Signs of Exposure to Toxic Foam
It may be difficult to tell whether you’ve been exposed to toxic foam, especially because it can take a long time for cancer or other side effects to appear. If you have a Philips CPAP machine or ventilator, we recommend taking the time to learn about the common signs of exposure.
Some of these symptoms can include:
- Sinus infections
- Nausea and vomiting
- Inflammatory response
- Chest pain
- Additional breathing problems
What Should I Do If I Have a Philips Device?
If you’re being treated for sleep apnea and have a CPAP machine or someone you care about is being sustained by a ventilator, the first thing you should do is determine whether the equipment is made by Philips. Because ceasing use of a CPAP machine or ventilator can be detrimental to your health, we recommend consulting your doctor to determine an alternative machine you can use in the interim.
Then, give our law firm a call. Our team is currently accepting Philips CPAP and sleep apnea machine cases and may be able to seek compensation on your behalf if you’ve been diagnosed with cancer or have suffered other toxic side effects.
Our lawyers have recovered millions in the following damages:
- Medical bills: If you have cancer caused by your sleep apnea machine, your medical bills will likely pile up. Expenses can include chemotherapy, surgery, radiation therapy, clinical trials, medication, hospital bills, and more.
- Lost wages or income: Sickness can put you out of work for weeks at a time or even permanently, especially if you’ve been diagnosed with cancer. The compensation we win in a lawsuit can cover your lost income and diminished earning capacity if you’re no longer able to work.
- Pain and suffering: In addition to economic damages, you may have also suffered emotionally and mentally during this time. Our lawyers can pursue compensation for all you’ve had to go through and take your family’s needs into consideration.
If you’ve begun to experience chest pains, asthma, or breathing problems and you rely on a sleep apnea machine, don’t wait to seek help. Getting an early diagnosis is your best chance of receiving the medical treatment your need, and from there you can call our firm to get started on your case.
Can’t make it to our office? We can come to you. Schedule your free consultation with our Philips CPAP and sleep apnea machine lawyers in Jackson today at (601) 265-6869.
Defective Product $8,800,000
Mass Tort Settlement $8,700,000
Personal Injury Settlement $5,900,000
18-Wheeler Settlement $2,100,000
Auto Settlement $1,000,000
Slip and Fall Settlement $1,000,000
Commercial MVA 625,000
Motor Vehicle Accident $625,000
Motor Vehicle Accident $525,000
Wrongful Death Auto Settlement $500,000